Satellites are a type of modules that can provide extra slots for ships. A maximum of two satellites of any combination, if they are compatible to the ship, can be installed. Although they appear on the sides of the ships after installation, they do not count as a part of the hull, neither can they take damage or be hit.
If a satellite is equipped with a Targeting Unit , it can rotate itself to face the enemy, but this is limited to an angle of 190° on the side of which it is equipped.
Note that after installation, there is a small increment in the ship's HP and base/minimum weight. The increment is higher for two satellites installed over one.
E.g. When a Dart M1 is installed, the ship's HP and base/minimum weight are increased by 1.00 and 40/20 respectively. When a second Dart M1 is installed, the ship's HP and base/minimum weight are further increased by 1.50 and 60/30 respectively, i.e. the total increases become 2.50 for HP and 100/50 for base/minimum weight.
As of patch 0.13.2, Satellites no longer add weight, or health to ships.
Compatibility with Ships Edit
Satellites can be equipped to ships that is compatible with them. The compatibility is decided by the ships' types. A Dart M3, for example, will fit on a Javelin but not a Paladin. Below is a summary of the compatibility.
Note: + denote compatible, while - denote incompatible
There are currently(0.15.1) eight types of satellites, most of which have three sizes.
- Dart can be researched and created in Veniri
- Glaive can be researched and created in Korerans
- Pot can be researched and created in Zumbalari
- Potato can be researched and created in Sayjix
- Wasp can be researched and created in Bushrak
- Maggot can be researched and created in Jurgans
- Barrel can be researched and created in Neganari
- Hovertank can be researched and created in The Empire
The only Capital Ship class satellite.