For player use, a low-weight Shadow armed with three Missile M2s (two from Satellites) can work as an effective medium and heavy ship counter. Another option would be to arm it with four Small Missile Launchers (with up to eight more from satellites), as it can reach high speeds to counter light ships as a missile skirmisher.
Shadows move at a medium speed and are armed with a Missile Launcher M2 and an ECM Jammer (Flares). Due to this, missile ships, drone carriers, and slow ships will all have a tough time when fighting them. It's advised to use a gunship to counter this ship.
- Non-veterans are armed with just a single Missile Launcher M2 and ECM Jammer.
- Veterans keep the ECM Jammer and Missile Launcher M2, however they gain a Cloaking System that further counters enemy missile ships and a Small Repair Bot. In addition, they have high Heat Resistance (over 82%), which makes Heat-based weapons much less effective.
- It loosely resembles that of a Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor, an aircraft stealth fighter.
- Its missiles are placed on the front (or its nose) instead of its wings.
- They also have the same function as ECM Jammers, which they use to counter heat-seeking missiles.